Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Bailey, you have to sign the ballot or else it's no good..."

Naptime Update: Well, Operation 2 Naps to 1 has failed. Suttie still requires a morning nap unless we all want to be miserable until 1:00pm. Bailey (our dog) and I have both voted, and the morning nap has been reinstated (let the band play and the confetti fly). At first, I thought that we were taking a step back, but then I realized that we never really took a step forward. He wasn’t ready to move to one nap a day; instead, his schedule just got out of whack for a week. But that’s okay. I’m happy to be a passive observer as my son decides for himself when and if he’s going to do certain things. Take walking for instance. When I say “we never really took a step forward,” I mean that literally. Sure, he has the capability to walk, but he’s figured out that being carried around all day isn’t a bad gig. I mean, why else would we have Hoverounds, with their bad-ass commercials, or Segways. If anything, it just shows that, while his language-development is on the low end of “poor,” his manipulation skills are hitting genius level. And say, in a year, he totally rejects potty training as a matter of principle. That’s cool, too. So what if he doesn’t conform to a society of lemmings bent on disposing of waste properly? While your kids are eagerly waving their hands for the bathroom pass, trying to hold it in, Suttie will calmly look them in the eye and crap his pants with authority. And when his father and I get that call telling us that he needs yet another change of clothes, we’ll be proud of our little individual...completely mortified….but proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment